- W. S. Yang and C.-J. Kim, “Structured Surfaces with Engineered Wettability: Fundamentals, Industrial Applications and Challenges for Commercialization”, in Materials with Extreme Wetting Properties: Methods and Emerging Industrial Applications, Edited by I. Karapanagiotis and Majid Hosseini, Springer-Nature, 2020 (In print).
- D. Attinger, A. R. Betz, C. Frankiewicz, R. Ganguly, T. M. Schutzius, M. Elsharkawy, A. Das, C.-J. Kim, and C. M. Megaridis “Chapter 2: How to Engineer Surfaces to Control and Optimize Boiling, Condensation and Frost Formation?”, in Encyclopedia of Two-Phase Heat Transfer and Flow III: Macro and Micro Flow Boiling and Numerical Modeling Fundamentals, Edited by J. R. Thome, World Scientific, 2018, pp. 63-158. (doi: 10.1142/97898
- T. Liu and C.-J. Kim, “Contact Angle Measurement of Small Capillary Length Liquid in Super-repelled State”, Scientific Reports, Vol. 7, April 2017, 740(8). (doi: 10.1038/s41598-017-00607-9)
- C. Lee, Y. Nam, H. Lastakowski, J. I. Hur, S. Shin, A.-L. Biance, C. Pirat, C.-J. Kim, and C. Ybert, “Two types of Cassie-to-Wenzel wetting transitions on superhydrophobic surfaces during drop impact”, Soft Matter, Vol. 11, Issue 23, June 2015, pp. 4592-4599. (doi: 10.1039/c5sm00825e)
- T. Liu, Z. Chen, and C.-J. Kim, “A Dynamic Cassie-Baxter Model”, Soft Matter, Vol. 11, Issue 8, February 2015, pp. 1589-1596. (doi: 10.1039/C4SM02651A)
- T. Liu and C.-J. Kim, “Turning a Surface Super-Repellent Even to Completely Wetting Liquids”, Science, Vol. 346, Issue 6213, November 2014, pp. 1096-1100. (doi: 10.1126/science.1254787)
- D. Attinger, C. Frankiewicz, A. R. Betz, T. M. Schutzius, R. Ganguly, A. Das, C.-J. Kim, and C. M. Megaridis, “Surface Engineering for Phase Change Heat Transfer: A Review”, MRS Energy and Sustainability, Vol. 1, November 2014, E4(40). (doi: 10.1557/mre.2014.9)
- G. R. Warrier, C.-J. Kim, and Y. S. Ju, “Microchannel Cooling Device with Perforated side Walls: Design and Modeling,” International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, Vol. 68, January 2014, pp. 174-183. (doi: 10.1016/j.ijheatmasstransfer.
- A. R. Betz, J. Jenkins, C.-J. Kim, and D. Attinger, “Boiling Heat Transfer on Superhydrophilic, Superhydrophobic and Superbiphilic Surfaces,” International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer. Vol. 57, Issue 2, February 2013, pp. 733–741. (doi: 10.1016/j.ijheatmasstransfer.
- C.-H. Choi and C.-J. Kim, “Chapter 4. Advanced Nanostructured Surfaces for the Control of Biofouling: Cell Adhesions to Three-Dimensional Nanostructures,” in Green Tribology – Biomimetics, Energy Conservation, and Sustainability, Edited by M. Nosonovsky and B. Bhushan, Springer, 2012, pp. 79-104.
- C. Lee and C.-J. Kim, “Wetting and Active Dewetting Processes of Hierarchically Constructed Superhydrophobic Surfaces Fully Immersed in Water,” Journal of Microelectromechanical Systems, Vol. 21, No. 3, June 2012, pp. 476-483. (doi: 10.1109/JMEMS.2012.2184081)
- C. Lee and C.-J. Kim, “Influence of Surface Hierarchy of Superhydrophobic Surfaces on Liquid Slip,” Langmuir, Vol. 27, Issue 7, April 2011, pp. 4243-4248. (doi: 10.1021/la104368v)
- C. Lee and C.-J. Kim, “Underwater Gas Restoration and Retention on Superhydrophobic Surfaces for Drag Reduction,” Physical Review Letters, Vol. 106, Issue 1, January 2011, 14502(4). (doi: 10.1103/PhysRevLett.106.
014502); Featured in Nature.
- C. Lee and C.-J. Kim, “Maximizing the Giant Liquid Slip on Superhydrophobic Microstructures by Nanostructuring Their Sidewalls’, Langmuir, Vol. 25, Issue 21, November 2009, pp. 12812-12818. (doi: 10.1021/la901824d)
- C.-H. Choi and C.-J. Kim, “Droplet Evaporation of Pure Water and Protein Solution on Nanostructured Superhydrophobic Surfaces of Varying Heights”, Langmuir, Vol. 25, Issue 13, July 2009, pp. 7561-7567. (doi: 10.1021/la803614h)
- C.-H. Choi, S. Heydarkhan-Hagvall, B. M. Wu, J. C. Y. Dunn, R. E. Beygui, and C.-J. Kim, “Cell Growth as a Sheet on Three-Dimensional Sharp-Tip Nanostructures”, J. Biomedical Materials Research A, Vol. 89A, Issue 3, June 2009, pp. 804-817. (doi: 10.1002/jbm.a.32101)
- C.-H. Choi and C.-J. Kim, “Chapter 7. Design, Fabrication, and Applications of Large-Area Well-Ordered Dense-Array Three-Dimensional Nanostructures”, in Nanostructures in Electronics and Photonics, Edited by F. Rahman, World Scientific, 2008, pp. 113-129.
- C. Lee, C.-H. Choi, and C.-J. Kim, “Structured Surfaces for a Giant Liquid Slip”, Physical Review Letters, Vol. 101, No. 6, August 2008, 064501(4). (doi: 10.1103/PhysRevLett.101.
- C.-H. Choi, S. H. Hagvall, B. M. Wu, J. C. Y. Dunn, R. E. Beygui, and C.-J. Kim, “Cell Interaction with Three-Dimensional Sharp-Tip Nanotopography”, Biomaterials, Vol. 28, Issue 9, Mar. 2007, pp. 1672-1679. (doi: 10.1016/j.biomaterials.2006.
- C.-H. Choi and C.-J. Kim, “Fabrication of Dense Array of Tall Nanostructures over a Large Sample Area with Sidewall Profile and Tip Sharpness Control”, Nanotechnology, Vol. 17, Oct. 2006, pp. 5326–5333. (doi: 10.1088/0957-4484/17/21/007)
- C.-H. Choi, U. Ulmanella, J. Kim, C.-M. Ho, and C.-J. Kim, “Effective Slip and Friction Reduction in Nanograted Superhydrophobic Microchannels”, Physics of Fluids, Vol. 18, No. 8, Aug. 2006, 087105. (doi: 10.1063/1.2337669)
- C.-H. Choi and C.-J. Kim, “Large slip of aqueous liquid flow over a nano-engineered super-hydrophobic surface”, Physical Review Letters, Vol. 96, No. 6, Feb. 2006, 066001. (doi: 10.1103/PhysRevLett.96.066001)
- J. Y. Yee, K. Chun, J. D. Lee, and C.-J. Kim, “Polysilicon Surface-Modification Technique to Reduce Sticking of Microstructures”, Sensors and Actuators, Vol. A52, Nos. 1-3, April 1996, pp. 145-150.(doi: 10.1016/0924-4247(96)80140-3)